Walbridge offers a rolling admissions process for our regular day school program and enrollment applications are reviewed and considered as they are received. All required application documents must be received before a decision can be made. Within two weeks following a school visit and the receipt of the required application documents, a candidate’s family will be informed regarding with an admission determination.
- Parents/Guardians schedule an appointment to visit the school and meet with the Director. It is recommended that a copy of a recent grade report from the student’s current school as well as an IEP (if the candidate has one) be brought to this initial meeting.
- The second step in the admission process is to schedule a school visit for the prospective student. It is very important that a candidate has an opportunity to see the school and attend classes for a portion of a school day as this is the best way for the child to sense if he or she would be comfortable at Walbridge.
- The candidate’s parents/guardians will be provided with the names and contact information for a select group of parents/guardians of current students. It is highly recommended that prospective parents/guardians talk to a current Walbridge family, as they can provide useful information about the Walbridge School experience.
- After the preceding steps have been completed, the parents/guardians and the Director jointly determine if the application process should continue.
- A completed Application for Admission and any additional required documents are submitted to the Director along with the $150 non-refundable registration fee. Required documents could include progress reports, academic diagnostic test results, psychological evaluations, IEP’s, and work samples.
- If requested, an Application for Financial Assistance is completed and submitted along with the other required documents. (NOTE: Availability of financial assistance is variable throughout the year.) Learn more about Financial Assitance >>
- Within two weeks (usually sooner) of the submission of a completed application, supporting documents, and registration fee, the potential student’s family will be notified of the admission decision. If admission is denied, the Director will meet with the family, if requested, to explain the decision.
- Upon acceptance, a starting date is set and our Business Manager will create a Tuition and Services Agreement for parents/guardians to sign. Tuition & Fees >>
We serve students who have identified learning differences or needs (including, but not restricted to, learning disabilities) in a safe and secure learning environment. We are a small school, and admission is selective and largely based on the child’s desire to learn. Approved applicants might be placed on a waiting list if there is not space in the learning group that would best meet the prospective student's goals and learning needs.
Walbridge School does not discriminate in admission, hiring, or administration on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender identification, or sexual orientation.Visitors
Visitors are welcome at Walbridge School, and observing our classrooms provides the best way to understand our unique individualized instruction. Due to our small class sizes, it is appreciated if you schedule observation times prior to your visit.